Visiting a car garage for repairs and servicing is a tedious and time taking procedure. If you are not a car expert it can be an overwhelming process and you can end up spending more money than required. Here are a few tips to remember when taking your car to a garage.
1) Choose the right garage: There can be various garages with a good reputation but whichever garage you choose make sure it is highly recommended. Check with your friends and family and choose one of the garages they use regularly.
2) Repairs: When you decide to leave your car for repair in a garage, make a list of all repairs that need to be done and add it your contract or any other documentation between you and the garage. Verbal communication cannot be the right way to deal with all the repairs and replacements to be done and hence all these things should be noted down in a proper document.
3) New parts: Sometimes car repairs also need replacing the old parts with new ones. When doing so make sure all the new parts come with a valid guarantee and documentation. Many garages also send you photos or videos of parts replaced, if not ask the garages to show you the parts replaced.
4) Payment: Decide the payment terms before you submit your car for repairs. It is possible that sometimes the charges can be different from the earlier mentioned amount because of some last minute repairs. The garage owners must let you know about it in advance and do the required changes after your approval.
5) Additional services: Many garages offer a shuttle service to pick and drop you to your work or home after you submit your car. Check if this option is available, if not check with some of the van leasing companies for renting another vehicle until your car is repaired.