This is the ultimate guide for car owners and professional drivers to know how to care for your car. It does not totally prevent your car from breaking down as only you know your car best. It could be too old but these tips in this article would give long life to your car, optimize the car performance, and keep the vital parts of the car in good condition.
- Car Owners Manual – This is the most important thing you must first do when you buy a new car. Even if you are an experienced car driver the make and model of the car have different specifications. Each part may have a limit or specs like where the tires can go on snow/ not, etc.
- Check Car Tires – It is important to take a look after a drive on rugged roads, countryside, snow, etc. Make sure they have air as per manufacture specifications – not too inflated and not too less inflated.
- Change Engine Oil – This depends on the roads you drive on, climate conditions, car make, etc. Check the manual and change as per specs. This can vary from 3,000 – 5,0000 miles or 3 – 6 months.
- Windshield Wipers – Poor visibility is dangerous for driving. The old wipers and those that do not function properly may even leave marks or scratches on your windshields.
- Check Car Battery – The battery life goes up to five years for some cars. Car repair shops test car batteries for a charge which is cheaper than charges for towing your vehicle if the car batter runs out.
The above tips are for new car owners and are easy car maintenance checks to carry out. However there are also DIY car maintenance tools like gloves, screwdrivers, pliers and wrenches for those with expertise. Such kits have different types & sizes and are available in the market. You can get this ratchet set at amazon for a reasonable price.…